Dark chocolate… healthy or not? It’s treated like Marmite sometimes, whether you love or hate it. Dark chocolate can help with iron levels and metabolism, but it’s just about not eating too much of it. To be perfectly honest I came across this little recipe by accident.
After searching for a while on Pinterest, and by a while I mean 2 hours of my life, and then couldn’t find anything I particular I wanted to try the very next day. So after a quick hunt in the cupboards, I found half a pack of dark chocolate… I honestly don’t know where the other half is…, and a tub of seeds and dried fruits. This then sparked an idea in my little head to mix the too make a few little dark chocolate snacks. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Nutty Dark Chocolate Snacks
100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate
50g flax seed and dried fruit mix
1. Break the chocolate up into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds, stir and if the chocolate hasn’t melted blast the chocolate in the microwave for another 10 seconds.
2. With a tablespoon, spoon blobs of chocolate onto a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking sheet, or onto a silicone baking mat.
3. With the back of a spoon shape the blobs of chocolate into a circle, now sprinkle the fruit and nut mix over the chocolate circles.
4. Chill (not you, the chocolate) in the fridge until set.
5. Eat them all with no regrets, dark chocolate is good for you… yes let’s go with that.