After browsing around for a cookie recipe that is low calorie and high in protein. I made up this recipe to match a photo I saw a while ago. When I make these I try and get peanut butter without palm oil in it as palm oil is processed from forests where monkeys and other animals live, which damages their habitat. In my opinion it is a bit more of an ethical choice if I don’t buy products with palm oil. If the mix is a bit too dry, try adding some almond milk for extra flavour, and moisture.
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies Recipe
150g rolled porridge oats
3 heaped tablespoons smooth peanut butter
150g chocolate chips (white chocolate would be really good)
3 tsp melted chocolate spread
A little butter for greasing (about 25g)
Unsweetened almond milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease and line two 20 x 30 cm baking trays.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together: the rolled oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. This is the time you should add the almond milk also. Mix until a thick cookie consistency has been reached.
3. Roll the mixture into as many walnut sized balls as you can; I managed to make 10. Place on the baking trays with a good amount of space in between each cookie to allow some growth.
4. Now bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Place on a wire rack and then flick some of the melted chocolate spread onto the tops of the high protein cookies.
These are best served warm, and also keep for 4-5 days in a sealed air-tight container.